According to YourEDM.com, the Top 10 most streamed EDM songs on Google Play ranges from hit makers like the Chainsmokers to lesser known artists like Jonas Blue.
Take a look at the full list:
1. The Chainsmokers: “Don’t Let Me Down” feat. Daya
2. Calvin Harris: “This is What You Came For” feat. Rihanna
3. Mike Posner: “I Took A Pill In Ibiza” (Seeb Remix)
4. Justin Bieber: “Sorry”
5. The Chainsmokers: “Roses” feat. ROZES
6. DJ Snake: “Middle” feat. Bipolar Sunshine
7. Flume: “Never Be Like You” feat. Kai
8. Justin Bieber: “Love Yourself”
9. Coldplay, Seeb: “Hymn for the Weekend” (Seeb Remix)
10. Jonas Blue: “Fast Car” (Radio Edit) feat. Dakota
The list isn’t too terribly surprising since all these songs have gained steam on other streaming platforms as well. However, one song that is noticeably missing from the list is the Chainsmokers and Halsey‘s “Closer.”
According to YourEDM.com, however, it wasn’t a snub or lack of streaming that caused the song not to make the list. Instead, it was Google’s cut-off deadline of August 25. Considering the song came out about a month ago, it didn’t quite have enough time to catch up to the leaders of the pack.
It’s definitely not a testament to the song’s popularity, though. In fact, the Chainsmokers and Halsey just performed together at the VMAs and got pretty positive feedback all around.
If there’s one thing we know about the VMAs, it’s basically that the show is a popularity contest. So those of you wanting the duo to take over even more of the most-streamed list, fear not. At the rate they’re going, they’ll take over all of the top spots by next year.
–EDM In Stereo Staff